Monday, June 30, 2008

I barely survived.

Went camping and MY GOD was that an atrocious experience. It was 1,000 degrees, millions of daddy long legs, and I am positively covered in mosquito bites. But I made it and the hubby had a good time so all is well.
Work has been insane. We had an associate leave the company and all of her shit was plopped in my lap. I mean, she left the company because she was dealing with bullshit accounts whom never hire; why the fuck would I be happy about this? Oh well...just last summer repeating itself, when I took over all of my colleagues accounts while she was on maternity leave and when she came back, I had nothing. They'll probably hire some fuck up to take these accounts after I tidy them up. I am foul today, probably because I itch and over the weekend was just criticized relentlessly for being a Libertarian ("I don't buy any of that Libertarian bullshit.") Are you fucking kidding me? What bullshit?? It's the fucking Constitution, that's IT. So I spent the weekend physically and mentally uncomfortable.
My father-in-law had a mild heart attack over the weekend. Call it what you want, but I call it two things: A big fucking deal and a serious wake up call. I have got to get the man in shape because 1. his dad just had a heart attack and 2. his OTHER set of genes is equally unhealthy. No fucking way we're having a baby just to have him keel over at 30.

No comments: