Monday, June 9, 2008

Mothereffing Monday!

It's about 100 degrees in Philadelphia and due to my superior intelligence, I decided to go for a run. I came back this morning and was on the floor stretching and Seamus thought he would be helpful and lick my face clean. He's such a good boy. I forgot what running in the severe heat felt like - I stopped going to the gym and started running outside again. After a year of paying for the gym, all I got was less reflection time (earphones and watching TV while running), less of a workout (driving to and from the gym eats up serious time, was having very short workouts), and less physical health. Back to basics bitches: I'm going to run outside. And sure enough, two weeks after I started, my favorite pair of jeans fit again after six months. I'm a idiot. Even moreso than when I fell LAST Monday while running and ripped open my knee (which is now scabbed over yet still oozing a mysterious substance). Moving along...
My Mom and John came up for a visit from North Carolina this weekend and everyone went to bed, I decided to drunk text my phone book. Nothing harmful, just pitiful. I spent all of Saturday trying to surreptitiously apologize/explain to my friends that I am just a retard who had too much wine. Some of the responses I got back were interesting though - some friends thought I was distressed (which in hindsight, I was), some thought I was being cute, some were confused...some didn't even know who I was, which was probably more insightful than I wanted.
Sunday, my Mom and Johnny left very early, and since it was 100 degrees out, JR and I ended up waking up at 10:00 a.m. (soooo late for me, I am a sixamer), staring at each other wondering what the eff to do for the day. We decided on lunch and a matinee of Iron Man, which ended up being a pretty good movie. I kind of wanted to see Kung Fu Panda...but he had his hot heart (check out that alliteration) set on Iron Man and after some reflection, did I really want to pay to see a panda do Kung Fu? After further reflection I decided that "fuck yeah, I want to see a panda do Kung Fu" but that can wait until it is available on Netflix.
Anywho...

No comments: