Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cannot Believe It!

I actually placed a candidate with a breast implant company that I have been attempting to staff for for the longest time. I am so happy, especially because the candidate is ecstactic!

Work has been pretty crazy hectic, moreso recovering from my vacation than volume. Well, volume from not being here...

Memorial Day weekend was very fun! We saw the Indiana Jones movie which was a great action/family flick. We caught a matinee on Saturday and everyone in the theatre was on their best behavior (I sincerely hate going to the movies because there are always disrespectful fools there and I feel like an idiot for spending $10.00 on a damn ticket). We cooked a great dinner and hung out. I'm listening to Disturbed. One of my favorite songs by them is "Enemy." Really good.

Sunday we had guests - JR's mother and stepdad, his grandparents, and my dad. It was a really nice time - burgers, beer, etc. It is exhausting hosting, though (preparation, cooking, etc.). Seamus was on his best behavior. Monday was spent drinking margaritas in the afternoon and eating steak! Unfortunately I then had to balance our budget and that was depressing. I am torn. Do I look for a new job up here? Do I focus just on Wilmington, NC? I have no effing clue, but all I know is that money is way too tight and that fucking sucks. Especially when you bill an eff load of money for your company.

North Carolina was really nice, but too quick. I hung out with my stepsister one night and killed a bottle of Captain Morgan's with her. It was really fun (and hysterical) because I never really get to see her or spend time with her. I barely saw my sister because she is preparing for her marathon. My Mom starts her new job June 2nd so that is exciting.

Tonight is a Phillies game, which will be fun; it is a gorgeous day in Philadelphia. We'll pre-game and BBQ in the parking lot, then go into the park. I think I'm hungry.

No comments: