Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everything after

So I went up to North Jersey for a wedding this weekend and was actually on very good behavior. I had a nice time excluding the actual length of the reception - the cocktail hour started at 6:30 p.m. and we didn't leave the location until after 1:00 a.m. due to the transports back to the hotel being all messed up. I primarily just drank wine and Bacardi with TONS of water (really makes the difference!) and stuck to the seafood, meat, and salad. I felt great, danced, hopefully looked pretty nice...JR looked very handsome in his new suit.
After the wedding, we drank some more in the hotel (more Bacardi and diet for me) and by 2:30 a.m. I had to bail on the after party (really nice time with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend and my step-brother-in-law and his girlfriend). I was exhausted and knew the next day (Mother's Day) was going to be taxing.
Woke up the next morning, ate some greasy eggs and bacon (freaking awesome) and drove home. Had many cries over not seeing my Mom...so brutal being away from her and my sister. We stopped at my Dad's to see him on the way home to pick up Seamus so that helped. He's such a great Dad and tried to make me feel better, which was so sweet.
Stopped off at JR's Dad's to get Seamus and to wish his Stepmom a Happy Mother's Day.

Man...Mother's Day sucked.

Anyway...work has been not fun and that coupled with missing my Mom and sister has reignited the fire under my ass to get down to North Carolina. I feel really strung along and I truly do not see a future for me here. Which sucks. Because I work my tail off to be productive only to receive NO perks for working here because the company isn't at quota. Sorry folks...people really do work harder when they look forward to going work...not dread it. Ugh.


JR was nice and loving last night; it was really cool. Before we fell asleep he asked me if I needed anything. He hasn't done that in years. I have been sad lately.

No comments: