Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sandwiches

I have begun a love affair with sandwiches.
Preferred is turkey on either a kaiser roll or white bread with a little bit of mayo (I fear mayo in large quantities - a side effect of growing up with a mother who was always on Weight Watchers. Mayo is somewhere in between Hitler and Lucifer) plus salt and pepper.
Second is roast beef with cheddar or something akin to cheddar.
Not a huge "salad" fan (ahh probably because there is so much mayo in it - I love making connections) - egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad however while at the local deli the other day, someone got an egg salad sandwich and I was weirdly attracted to it.

Shut up - I'd fuck many things, but most certainly NOT an egg salad sandwich.

I am also a fan of the warm sandwich ala panini-style in the form of a Cuban sandwich or something like what I had today with roast beef, provolone, and some orange-colored aioli. It was insanely good.
The problem with paninis is that they will ultimately cut the roof of your mouth. Remember how you felt when you ate Captain Crunch? This pain is so much more worth it than Captain Crunch was. I personally was a Kix person.

No comments: