Friday, November 30, 2007

Today is NOT the greatest day I have ever known...

We had an intern leave today for various reasons; all of which were avoidable, which is probably the worst part. He was a great guy and wasn't given a fair shot. I'll keep it short and sweet...he was treated like shit, reacted in kind, and that just exacerbated things. I've heard the complaints since Week 1 - he really was not treated properly from the very beginning.
We had a great lunch at Nodding Head...rather...everyone had a great lunch besides me - I had some white beans and a pita...with a few beers...so yes, I did have a great lunch. It was just primarily liquid. Everyone enjoyed their burgers, which was wonderful, but I really wanted to save my MEAL of the day for JR at Ott's for our pitcher and fried mushroom dinner that we do on occasion.
Tomorrow we have some friends coming over for dinner and I was planning on making this crazy dinner but after writing a recipe down of a really easy pasta recipe, I decided to make that instead.
I had a dentist appointment yesterday, and I was very afraid to go because recently, every appointment I have had is to either have a checkup which resulting in the discovery of cavities or to actually have said cavities filled. Wasn't I pleasantly surprised when they cleaned my teeth, said they looked great and they could tell I have been flossing (awkward...haven't been flossing and rarely using Listerine). I was in a good mood because I was picking up pizza from Passariello's and JR was picking on a bottle of wine for us to enjoy. I was even FURTHER surprised when he said he picked up not a magnum of wine, but a BOX of Fish Eye Shiraz which is so tasty. We ate our pizza, watched some football, and I was off to bed.
I am very happy this weekend is here; this week was draining and today was especially sad.

No comments: