Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Zelnorm

So it really might happen. I really might be able to get back on the drug that brought me to within 95% of normality. Physically, not mentally before the jokes start.
Since the GI I was seeking down here is clearly not invested in making me feel better and his office staff is a bunch of wenches, I basically called my old doctor who is 1.5 hours away (worth the drive, now that I have tested the water down in Philly...) and said I was more comfortable with him and his method of treatment, i.e., medication versus eating spicy food and SURGERY.
I will consult with the surgeon and see what his thoughts are, but I really think he'll be like, "Thanks for the co-pay, but get out - you don't need surgery. You're just constipated." But I'm going, I'm going, I swear.
This weekend is our nine year anniversary of being together, and since we are throwing ourselves into the lap of luxury next week (more on that some other time), we are going to have a nice dinner on Friday at the little BYO I mentioned a few posts back. Well, very far back...probably like September-ish.
We're having dinner at my Dad's on Saturday and hosting JR's parents (his father this time) on Sunday for dinner. It will be a pretty laid back weekend with enough action not get bored. There is a co-op in our office who I am growing so fond of. I frequently talk/shout to myself and she always has a choice comment, i.e., Me - "Ahhh Britney Spears!" Her - "It's Britney bitch." She doesn't miss a beat. Today on Preston and Steve (local Philly rock morning show) there was a jeweler on talking about what he was donating to a slain police officer's foundation and all of a sudden, there was the sound of a train. Literally, randomly there was a "Choo chooooo" in the middle of this somber soliloquy and I nearly died because Preston asked completely deadpan "Why did a train sound just happen?" And with jeweler, Steven Singer just goes with and says, "Because I'm leaving bye!" or something like that - I was CRYING I was laughing so hard. I need to find that podcast...

No comments: