Friday, September 21, 2007

Exhausted

Hallo. This week I have been working on a major expansion for yet another Plastic Surgery/Aesthetic company. The fee was cut, so now I am working for an even *smaller* commission check - hooray! And I get to work twice as hard because they want everything now! Double hooray!
Last night was awesome - JR had mentioned wanting Pizza Hut at some point last week and I really
didn't feel like cooking last night so we got...you guessed it...PIZZA HUT! So delicious and I could easily eat five slices...I ate two and called it a night. It's 90% air, which is probably why I never feel full. It was 2$ pint night at Charlie Brown's and we went - got some Guinness and snacked on some Chex-Mix type stuff for, get this. eight freaking dollars. Such a deal.
We went home, watched some Reservoir Dogs for like, a minute, and then went up to bed. I slept great until 1:00 a.m., but then tossed and turned for two hours, fell back asleep for a little while, then woke up with the same damn stomach cramps. They have definitely mellowed, and I hope I can enjoy date night tonight with JR.
Going to see Resident Evil tonight and I could not be more stoked - we're probably going to dinner at Tutti Toscani (an incredibly cheap BYO really close to our house with incredible food and service). I have to spend the afternoon recruiting, which is fine, but I'd really like to get more resumes out. I have two to go out now, so we'll see what the rest of the day brings.
Tomorrow is our friends' housewarming party and I am actually looking forward to it - I have been laying SO low since I got sick, so it will be nice to have a little human interaction and be up and around. JR's mom had to put her dog to sleep the other day and, understandably so, is very upset. I invited her and JR's stepdad to come down for a visit on Sunday to hang out but haven't heard anything. I hope they come down. But if not, I'll be just as happy relaxing with a pint and some baseball.
JR's grandmother is not doing well - she has always been a sharp lady but has had serious heart trouble throughout the years, recently ending up in the hospital for congenital heart failure and her lungs filled up with fluid. The doctors released her after like, A day, and put her on a million medications. I was in the hospital for like FIVE days with my nightmare, and I definitely wasn't having heart failure. So, I have been really concerned about her since that ordeal, but what is worse is that I received an email explaining how it appears she has suffered from acute memory loss. The family seems to think it is the medication, but honestly, and I hate to sound like a know-it-all, but I WORK in the pharma/medical device industry - I know of not a single drug or combo that would cause such acute memory loss. I am afraid she has suffered a small stroke or had an embolism. Ugh. I have never had to suffer through aging grandparents, which is both a blessing and a curse. JR seems to be aware that his grandparents are all aging, but he has always had them in his life, and I don't know how the loss of one will affect him or his family.
Moving on to merrier things, I am going to make myself a Lean Cuisine and pray the day flies by.

No comments: