Monday, September 17, 2007

What a weekend.

JR was kind enough to take me out for that pint on Friday, and we had a really long, nice conversation about life in general. Saturday was AWESOME. JR had seen an advertisement in the town circular about a tour at the Fly Fish Brewery. It was free and included free samples. I swear, they wanted us to drink all afternoon. It was such a fun afternoon and we were able to bring Seamus (just for a visit, he couldn't go back where the distillers were.) It turns out, we live like 1 mile from the brewery, so we brought him home and came back for more beer and the tour. I had made waffles for breakfast, and my stomach had stayed settled, so we were able to enjoy the entire afternoon. We finished up around 3:30 p.m., and the tour guide mentioned an open house at a wine making place called The Wine Room. It turns out, that was right around the corner from Flying Fish, so off we went to try some tasty homemade local wine. Not only was there a huge selection to sample, there was a whole spread of food (which was good, because all I had had was ONE waffle followed by about three beers at Flying Fish). We sampled some wine, ate some cheese and tapenade, and off to home we went. It was such a nice afternoon, and my stomach was agreeable through the whole thing.
Sunday, not so much. I was probably paying for all of the decadence from Saturday. I didn't sleep well and after breakfast, I went back to bed until like 1:00 p.m. Then I got up and finished removing the wallpaper in the kitchen. We unpacked the china which opened up a ton of room in one of the closets and now I will be much more inclined to use it knowing it is easily accessible and clean.
Work sucks today. I have nothing fun to work on and again, running to the bathroom every 1/2 hour or so. LAME!

No comments: