Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Everything has changed.

I am back from the damn hospital, thank the Good Lord. I made three placements during the time I was gone, through today, but lost one, unfortunately, so I just about broke even.
So. Saturday night/Sunday morning, I'm sleeping over at a friend's house because there was a party (it was a family party, not one of those parties, so I wasn't hammered or anything, I put myself to bed at 11:00 p.m. because I was just tired). I wake up at about 2:00 a.m. and proceed to EXPLODE in the bathroom for the next three hours. Then the severe stomach cramps happened. Then it got to the point where we had to LEAVE Lansdale, PA to get back to Jersey (easily a 45 minute ride) so we could get me to a hospital and get Moo home. The next four days are a blur. I just remember pain, crying, and a really swollen stomach. Oh, and giving myself baths in the sink because I refused to be smelly.
What was it? Apparently a really horrific infection in my stomach. When you are just chilling out, healthy and happy, your "swollen" rate of your body is 0.5. I was an eight. A fucking eight. My guts were more than 8x more swollen then they should have been. So, I was introduced to intravenous drugs and the horrors of a hospital. I had really nice nurses who took great care of me, but it is so lonely in the hospital. I faked feeling better because my Mom came up from Wilmington, NC and I just wanted to go HOME. I'm really am feeling better and better everyday, but I am just so tired and my stomach keeps swelling out at night. I also have had the runs (I know...TMI) since yesterday which is making me a tad bit concerned. It stopped by last night, but all I have had since then is a small bowel of really bland cereal (but still tasty!) and a small bowl of soup. We'll see. I was so hot last night but my temperature would not go above like 95.9. Doctor on Thursday, and I'm sure they'll say "You're just fine!!!". More missed work for more bullshit.
Anyway, my Mom came up from North Carolina and took unbelievably good care of myself and JR. I'm talking, scrubbing the bathrooms, doing all of the laundry, cooking, cleaning more, ironing...it was so kind of her.
Here's the bombshell (not that it matters, because no one reads this shit anyway). We're moving to Wilmington, NC. Like actively searching for a new job. Like actively looking at real estate. I've had a couple of bites and I have to call a recruiter this afternoon (after the boss goes out to lunch, see) about a Corporate Recruiter position down there. If I could get a job that pays 60k, I am SO out of here. JR's resume is really impressive and I think he'll get something really great down there. Unfortunately, one of us will probably have to go down there earlier if a job pops up sooner than later. I'm excited, scared, anxious, and perplexed - there are so many moving parts in relocating. We absolutely MUST sell the house or at least rent it before we buy anything down there. It's great because no real estate is moving down there, but NOTHING is moving up here either.
It would be so nice to move into a brand new house in my Mom's really nice development and not have to worry about fixing something for at LEAST two years (feels like we're fixing something every two minutes in the beast we have now.) I would love to move down there tomorrow - it is so pretty, friendly, warmer (already told JR I would fly him to Utah in the winter so he could snowboard - not like I would need a vacation if we get down there - it gets cold, but not THAT fucking cold!).
We keep calling Seamus the North Carolina puppy and he just stares at us like, "I love you. Can I have a snack?" If you want to talk about an angel, it would definitely be him. He was so incredibly well-behaved (only one incident involving Shout wipes, but nothing major) and I was so grateful.
This weekend will be a few trips to home depot to start working on the house hardcore. It would be sweet if we could flip it for like 270k (purchased for 249k including 8k in closing costs...I know...bullshit). If we could make a nice little profit, we could go down there and get something so nice.

No comments: