Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Painful spoons.

I hate it when you eat soup with one of those plastic soup spoons. They are too wide and they cut the sides of my mouth. But it was good soup, so I will keep my complaining to a minimum. I had half a turkey sandwich for lunch - it was also very good, and my body does not appear to be rejecting it. It was eight freaking dollars for lunch today, but I only ever eat 1/2 of the sandwich because they are so big. Lunch tomorrow!
I have to bill 50k in one month. I have no idea how I am going to do it. My pipeline for 2008 looks awesome, but that doesn't help me NOW for 2007 commission. Ugh.
This weekend was great - we went to Happy Hour on Friday and it was really fun. On Saturday, we rode all over creation - we had to pick up an exhaust system for JR's car in Pottstown, PA (1 hour away from us, don't ever go there) and then return JR's brother's pickup truck (1/2 hour in the opposite direction from our house.) The day was pretty much spent in the car, but it was a nice day in the car, and it was also really nice just going for a ride with JR. Saturday night we went to HOOTERS and it was awesome - two pitchers and 20 wings later, we were ready to go though, because it was really busy and one of the waitresses broke down in tears because someone was giving her shit. Clearly they were short staffed - everyone in the restaurant heard her say that - we just ordered as soon as she came over and left her alone. People are such dicks.
Sunday was good - woke up feeling pretty hungover which was odd, but I made it to Wegman's for some bagels, lox, and various other shopping items I needed so I could entertain our friend for dinner. JR had to go in for a few hours after breakfast for work, so Moo and I went back to bed for that period. I woke up feeling much better and much more capable of attending to laundry, cooking, and cleaning.
Yesterday was HORRENDOUS. I had to have X-rays and tests done - bottom line, the Radiology place sat me in the hallway in a gown while old men shuffled past me and ogled me. They LEFT me there - the Radiologist did not agree with the test my doctor wanted done - (supposed to take a pill, then X-ray five days later to find out where it is) - the Radiologist wanted me to KEEP COMING BACK until the pill left my system. I call my doctor and he's like "What? They are supposed to do the tests I WANT." So we're square. And I'm humiliated. But what else is new. Hopefully the results of everything will come back in a few days and we can figure out the next course of action. To make matters worse, I felt awful yesterday, and had to take a Perc just to get some sleep.
Last night was nice - just reheated Sunday's dinner and relaxed with JR. He's so wonderful.
This morning was more fun - Seamus woke up at 5:00 a.m. to throw up - JR doesn't do so well with vomit, so I cleaned it up - I am just thankful I didn't step in it. It was the color of the wood floor - ew!

1 comment:

prin said...

I hate those spoons. They're the dumbest. Where's the design benefit to slicing up the user's mouth? Tsk.